Urban Legend is a Believe in Science Ltd. brand. At Believe in Science, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers’ personal information and data. Throughout the relationship with our customers, we may collect personal data.
Here is a list of things we’ll always do:
- Ensure all personal data is collected in a fair and lawful manner and used only for specified purposes.
- Ensure personal data sought is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
- Ensure personal data we keep is accurate and up-to-date. To achieve this we rely on our customers notifying us of changes to their personal data.
- Keep personal data secure at all times.
- Keep personal data no longer than is necessary and to dispose of it appropriately when it is no longer required.
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data.
- Only pass your personal data onto another organisation if we need to for the purposes of providing our products and services, or are required to by law or regulation. Before transferring any such data, we will check that the organisation has appropriate data protection policies.
When we contact you, we may use any information we hold about you to do so. We may contact you by email, phone, or text (or other forms of electronic communications). If we are contacting you to tell you about any new offers or initiatives, we will do so in line with how you have told us you would prefer to receive marketing information. If you would prefer not to receive any marketing information, you can let us know at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your information and in certain circumstances disclose your personal information. We may do this for the following reasons which you agreed to allow us to do:
- Provide you with the services you have asked for.
- Contact you for suggestions on how we can improve the way we operate, or about how we can improve any services and products we have provided before, now or in the future.
- Create statistics, run reports, analyse customer information, create profiles and create marketing opportunities.
- Help detect and prevent fraud, debt and loss.
- We will monitor and record any communications we have with you, including phone conversations, emails, community posts and web chat conversations for the purposes of training our staff, continually improving our services and where necessary, providing evidence or verification of transactions or events.
- Contact you in any way about products and services we and our selected partners may be offering. If you communicate with us through the internet, we may occasionally contact you by e-mail about our services and products. When you first sign up to Believe in Science, we will give you the opportunity to say whether you would be happy for us to contact you with marketing information.
- If we are asked to provide information to the police or law enforcement agencies we will require them to provide a warrant, unless we feel that it is in the best interests of our customers or the public to provide the information without a warrant.
- If we need to as part of current or future legal action.
OUR COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under UK Consumer Law. Refunds are not an automatic right. We don’t have to give you a refund if you:
– change your purchase decision
– buy the wrong product, size (of box)
We may still offer refunds in these situations, however this at our discretion and not a legal requirement - we reserve the right to not offer a refund or an exchange voucher. You are entitled to a replacement or refund (via original payment method) for a major failure (eg. unacceptable quality, mismatch to product description). If the failure is minor, we reserve our right to offer to replacement only.
Proof of Purchase Returns, refunds, exchanges or replacement requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
- Original point-of-sale (POS) receipt
– Financial Statement (i.e bank statement, credit card statement)
You will be asked for information that is relevant to your return or to satisfy legislative requirement. If you do not provide this information, then we may be unable to process your return. When returning products with proof of purchase, you may be asked for your contact information and your signature as authorisation of the return transaction.
Believe in Science will securely store Users’ personal information via our retail partners (eg. POS partner).
If you would like more information on how Believe in Science handles your personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.